It is important to report workplace injuries within 24 hours of notice.
Zenith offers 24/7 accident reporting to help control claim costs. Our data shows that the average cost of a claim increases the longer an injury goes unreported. Costs attributed to delayed injury reporting include:
- Limited ability to control medical treatment costs.
- Lost details from accident investigations, which can affect our ability to pursue fraud or abuse.
- Increased odds of litigation.
- Delays in an early return to work, which may prolong the length of the claim and cause an increase in ultimate costs.
Report a Claim
Reminder—workers' compensation is a "no-fault" system. Employees who are legitimately injured as a result of their work receive benefits as set by law, regardless of whose fault the injury is. Employers should NOT:
- Prevent or discourage an employee from pursuing a claim.
- Terminate or discipline an employee for filing a claim.